Kellogg alumni mentors are professionals who are passionate about sharing their knowledge and resources with current students. Volunteering as a mentor is a great way to stay connected with the Kellogg community and an opportunity to make an impact on students.
What is Expected of Mentors?
We purposefully have designed this program to be flexible for alumni. We know that you are busy and have many personal and professional commitments. You and your mentee have complete control over your mentoring relationship and can decide how you want the relationship to work.
We do have a few minimal expectations:
- Respond to mentee communications and requests in a timely manner.
- Set your relationship goals right away about when and how you will connect with your mentee. Note that one meeting is required (either in person or via phone or video chat) and a typical number of meetings is 3-6 between January and August.
- Approach your mentoring relationship with respect, professionalism, and an open mind.
- Listen and ask open-ended questions, which will assist your mentee in thinking about their career direction.
- Send your feedback and suggestions for improvement periodically to email@example.com. As this is a new and developing program, we would greatly appreciate your candid feedback.