The Northwestern Alumni Association invites you to participate in Dinner with Twelve. For the summer session, July 26 -28, current undergraduate, graduate students, and alumni are welcome to register as guests. This fun Northwestern tradition is a wonderful opportunity for you to engage with alumni and students in an informal setting within your region.
Alumni will host each dinner for 6 to 12 guests either in their home or another location, such as a restaurant. Our goal for each dinner is to build community by developing new friendships among 12 “strangers.”
The registration will open in June for guests. Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
See a list of cities where alumni are hosting dinners below.
I have already registered for a program on this platform. Register here to attend.
I have never registered for a program on this platform. Sign up here and register to attend.
- Geneva, Switzerland: Eaux Vives, Prangins (Nyon)
- Shanghai, China: West Nanjing Road, Xuhui
- If you have registered and find that you can no longer participate, advise the NAA team at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you have also been matched to a dinner, you must let your host know one week before your dinner so that we can contact others on the waitlist. Waiting until the weekend of the event will impede us from matching others who are waiting and a terrible inconvenience to hosts who are preparing the meal.
- Arrive on time and if you are running late, call the alumni host.
- Dinners should be 2 hours in length. Our hope is that hosts are courteous of guests’ time and that guests do not overstay their welcome.
Feedback from past attendees:
- The event was very fun and really did provide me with new perspectives about Northwestern!
- Everything was wonderful. I imagine it could have been really awkward, but the hosts were kind and the students got along well. Really no complaints.
- The hosts were incredibly hospitable, the conversation was great, and I felt as though I got to know the peers in the group quite well!