Student registration for NEXT 2021 is now closed. Registration for next year's program will open in September 2021.
As a participating student, you are able to search available virtual externships by company, location, and/or professional fields. To apply, you’ll need to submit a personal statement and anonymous resume for each externship opportunity. Only current Northwestern students are eligible.
NEXT 2021 Timeline:
- Alumni host registration: October 20, 2020 - November 12, 2020
- Student application process: November 16, 2020 - December 1, 2020
- Host ranking process: December 8, 2020 - December 21, 2020
- Alumni and student matches announced: Week of January 4, 2020
This Year's Virtual Program:
- Virtual visit will start as a meeting with you as the host to learn about your career path, industry and role overview, your time at Northwestern, etc.
- Within the same day or week, additional opportunities should be scheduled for the student(s) to learn more about your role, company, industry, and more.
Suggested Virtual Externship Activities:
- One-on-one or small group meeting with colleague(s) from your team
- One-on-one or small group meeting with colleague(s) from another team
- Sitting in on a virtual group meeting
- Resume review with you
- Virtual office tour (if you're working out of the home)
- Meeting with someone from your HR department
- Or something that might be unique to your industry that isn't listed above
- Here are a few sample itineraries sample itineraries of what your externship could look like
Interested in learning more about the NEXT program?
For more information and detailed application instructions, please refer to our Resources page.
Student questions? Contact email@example.com or 847-491-3700.