The Northwestern Network Mentorship Program is an online platform designed to cultivate meaningful mentorship opportunities for the global Northwestern community, with alumni mentors providing valuable support and guidance as mentees navigate their careers. Students and alumni can use the platform to connect with alumni in various career fields. Alumni with degrees from all class years, programs, and schools may participate as volunteer mentors, mentees, or both; degree-seeking students may participate as mentees. Learn more about being a mentor or participating as a mentee.
How It Works
- Participants register and complete a profile, which takes 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alumni may participate as a mentor, mentee, or both at the same time. Students may participate as mentees.
- Student and alumni mentees are then able to search for and request a mentor who best matches their career interests.
- Mentors may accept up to three mentees at a time; mentees may have up to two mentors at once.
- Alumni mentors may either accept or decline a mentorship request.
- Mentors remain anonymous until the connection is accepted. Once mutually established, the mentor-mentee pair then agree on goals and communication preferences, including whether they’ll speak by phone or meet in person and how often they’ll connect, whether it's once or multiple times throughout the year.
Please reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.